Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions POS
This site contains a driver kit for use with installing SUSE Linux Enterprise on Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions POS systems.
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 Service Pack 2
|Driver Kit ISO Image|
|File:||tgcs_pos-sle12sp2-x86_64-2.0.iso · [download]|
- Burn the ISO image above to an empty CD/DVD media.
- Start the installation using the new CD/DVD media, having the standard i SUSE Linux Enterprise media at hand or a URL to a network installation server.
- If doing a network install, enter the URL of the network install source on the boot command line using the 'install=' option.
- If doing installation from optical media the installer will first boot from the installation kit and then ask to insert DVD1 of the SUSE Linux Enterprise product.
PXE boot installation
- Download the ISO image above.
- Mount the ISO image for access to the contents.
- Copy the kernel and initrd images from the installation kit iso image to the appropriate location on your tftp boot server. The initrd and kernel image are found under the ./install/boot/x86_64/loader directory.
- Copy the contents of the ISO image to a location on your installation server. (The /boot directory may be omitted)
- Add the URL of the installation kit location on the installation server to the boot command of the pxelinux config file using the 'addon=' option.
- An updated kernel will be used for installation and installed onto the system.
Example pxelinux config file section:
# Install SLES 12 SP2 with Bootable Installation Kit label install-tgcs kernel linux-tgcs append initrd=initrd-tgcs splash=silent vga=0x314 showopts install=http://installserver/SLES-12-SP2-x86_64 addon=http://installserver/tgcs-pos-kit
This driver kit can be installed as an "add-on" product during the installation of SUSE Linux Enterprise base OS or post installation as described in the following sections of the deployment guide:
In both cases the installation can be done by burning the contents of the ISO image to optical media, or copying the contents to other removable media, local directory, or network location and pointing YaST to the appropriate URI.
On systems with access to drivers.suse.com, the online repository hosted here can be used to install the driver kit by using the following URL as a SUSE Linux Enterprise add-on product:
package names and versions
The following packages are provided with this driver kit: