SGI® UV™ kISO
This site contains an updated install image (kISO) for use with installing
SUSE Linux Enterprise on SGI® UV™ systems.
The kISO contains updates to the SUSE Linux Enterprise kernel.
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 Service Pack 3
supported server systems
- SGI® UV™ 300
- SGI® UV™ for SAP HANA
- Burn the ISO image above to an empty CD/DVD media.
- Start the installation using the new CD/DVD media, having the standard SUSE Linux Enterprise media at hand or a URL to a network installation server.
- If doing a network install, enter the URL of the network install source on the boot command line using the 'install=' option.
- If doing installation from optical media the installer will first boot from the kISO and then ask to insert CD1 of the SUSE Linux Enterprise product.
PXE boot installation
- Download the ISO image above.
- Mount the ISO image for access to the contents.
- Copy the kernel and initrd images from the kISO image to the appropriate location on your tftp boot server. The initrd and kernel image are found under the ./boot/x86_64/loader directory. Download links for the kernel and initrd images can also be found in the table below.
- An updated kernel will be used for installation and installed onto the system.
Example pxelinux config file section:
# Install SLES 11 SP3 with kISO label install-kISO kernel linux-kISO append initrd=initrd-kISO splash=silent vga=0x314 showopts install=http://installserver/SLES-11-SP3-x86_64
|Kernel Image||3.8 MB||084c815e932386249edf6bb06c17c7a4||linux|
|Initrd Image||66.4 MB||6925068f1b301bf5f4cf5504e85b00ae||initrd|
package names and versions
The following packages are provided with this kISO:
The Origin of this information may be internal or external to Novell. Novell makes all reasonable efforts to verify this information. However, the information provided in this document is for your information only. Novell makes no explicit or implied claims to the validity of this information. Any trademarks referenced in this document are the property of their respective owners. Consult your product manuals for complete trademark information.
Novell is a registered trademark of Novell, Inc. in the United States and other countries. SUSE is a registered trademark of SUSE Linux AG, a Novell business. *All third-party trademarks are the property of their respective owners.