SUSE UEFI FCoE / iSCSI kISO
This site contains a kISO image for installing SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 Service Pack 3 in UEFI mode in combination with FCoE or iSCSI devices. The kISO is required to remedy the following issue:
When installing SUSE Linux Enterprise Server Service Pack 3 in UEFI mode, with a bootable FCoE or iSCSI device inserted, boot from the installation media may cause grub2 to hang after
Loading kernel ... Secure boot not enabled Loading initial ramdisk ...The kISO will boot using an updated kernel image that fixes the above described issue, allowing installation of SUSE Linux Enterprise Server/Desktop to continue with the standard media. The kISO will also install the updated kernel on the target system.
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 Service Pack 3
- Burn the ISO image above to an empty CD/DVD media.
- Start the installation using the new CD/DVD media, having the standard SUSE Linux Enterprise media at hand or a URL to a network installation server.
- If doing a network install, enter the URL of the network install source on the boot command line using the 'install=' option.
- If doing installation from optical media the installer will first boot from the kISO and then ask to insert CD1 of the SUSE Linux Enterprise product.
PXE boot installation
- Download the ISO image above.
- Mount the ISO image for access to the contents.
- Copy the kernel and initrd images from the kISO iso image to the appropriate location on your tftp boot server. The initrd and kernel image are found under the /boot/x86_64/loader directory. Download links for the kernel and initrd images can also be found in the table below.
- An updated kernel will be used for installation and installed onto the system.
Note: the initial ramdisk (initrd) image on the kISO contains updated kernel packages and is substantially larger than the normal SUSE Linux Enterprise installer initrd. Therefore, a slight delay will be experienced as the system loads the large initial ramdisk.
|Kernel Image||3.84 MB||50235da82f06763608afbcc5a7f41617||linux|
|Initrd Image||184 MB||c2705d32152095bbda3d90e71cb23989||initrd|